I have officially decided that being the first girlfriend sucks. Actually, I knew this long ago. I even told my last girlfriend that I refused to date women that was just coming into the life. So do you know what she did? She lied and told me about all of these relationships she’d had with women that didn’t even exist. It was over a year and much frustration and hurt later that she finally admitted that I was her first girlfriend and she’d lied because I wouldn’t have dated if I knew otherwise. My feelings do not come from anger but from truth and vulnerability. When you are the first girlfriend, more times than not, that’s all you’re going to be with her. Just her first girlfriend.
Other reasons why I do not want to be your first girlfriend:
1. You come out to your parents/family for the first time with me. Well for some reason they think it’s all my fault and I must be the devils seed sent to come and ruin their beloved child. But it gets better. After dealing with all of the BS from your family about this, when we break up, your new girlfriend gets to come in & likely by then they have warmed up to the idea that you’re gay and she doesn’t have to deal with any of this.
2. If you haven’t tasted all the other fish in the sea then how can you tell me you want to eat mine forever. Lol. I don’t want to hear about forever or marriage. If I am your first girlfriend then you can not attempt to tell me that you’re sure you want to be with me forever. You haven’t even started dated yet.
3. All of the little freaky things we do in the bed room will get balled up into that “it was only good because it was your first” category. No, I’m good because I’m good. Not because you’re in a euphoric state since you’re with a girl for the first time.
4. Dealing with friends, coworkers, family that still think you’re straight. Or even the ex boyfriend that still calls and don’t understand why you won’t have those midnight rumps with him anymore. Um, no thank you.
5. I don’t have time to teach you the lesbian rules of engagement (I’ll post those later).
6. I don’t want to end up being that summer girl fling you had over the summer.
There are many other reasons but most of them fall within those sections so I’ll stop here.